Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jerry "Diva" Jones

            There aren’t a lot of positive things to be said about Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.  He has been named the worst owner in the NFL and the least favorite sports personality by Sports Illustrated.  He runs every coach he hires out of Dallas because of his controlling, egotistical nature.  His intolerable behavior and lack of success has even lead to the formation of grassroots organizations aimed at displacing him from his position.  The man is about as well respected as O.J. Simpson, but I will say this about the Jones, he is certainly not boring.
 Jerry Jones never fails to impress me with his ability to get his Botox filled face all over the news.  Tuesday night, Jones had one of his more embarrassing outcries for attention when he was caught on camera bad-mouthing Bill Parcells and Tim Tebow.  Check out the inebriated Jerry Jones:


 Jerry, saying that Bill Parcells is “not worth a shit” is a pretty cruel take on a Hall of Fame coach that came into Dallas and turned your franchise around.  Parcells inherited a dysfunctional 5-11 team and left a playoff team when you eventually forced him out.  I can’t say that I disagree with your comments about Tebow, as I am not a huge fan, but come on, you are 67-years old, there is no need to make such harsh remarks about a 22-year old kid.
  I don’t know if you just were not loved enough as a child or what, but Jerry, it is time for you to finally grow up.  As a Cowboy fan, I want to believe that you can change your ways, but based on your track record, I think we both know that is not a realistic expectation.  I also think I speak on behalf of the vast majority when I say that I look for to the day that you are no longer anywhere near football.  


-The Southern Gentleman

No comments:

Post a Comment