Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tiger Bar-- I mean Tiki Barber, Ladies and Gentlemen

Tiki Barber recently left his wife of 11 years for a former NBC intern. His wife is 8-months pregnant. With twins. Oh, and the former NBC intern is 23 years old. Her name is Traci Johnson. Yea, Traci with an "i". Definition of class. Congrats Tiki, you've taken the douchebag spotlight off Tiger. That's pretty tough.

Tiki's wife, Ginny, supposedly found out about Tiki's affair last year when he moved out of their apartment. Tiki has been running around with the intern for quite some time, traveling with her to Senegal for the filming of a documentary, and possibly connecting with her at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

The real odd thing about this scandal is Barber's publicly expressed disdain for his unfaithful father. He was quoted in 2004, speaking about his parent's relationship, saying, "I don't give a [bleep] that the relationship didn't work. Not only did [my father] abandon [my mother], I felt like he abandoned us for a lot of our lives. I have a hard time forgiving that". Plus, in his memoir, Tiki wrote, "My family is everything to me" (Read more here). I mean, maybe Tiger got away from his Buddhism, but there's no way Tiki can get away from this quote. If you cared about your family, you wouldn't be caught up in an affair with a woman 12 years younger than you.

A lot of people had trouble believing that a stand-up guy like Tiki could've done this to his family. I, on the other hand, saw this coming a mile away. Ever since Tiki talked smack about Eli Manning and the Giants, he was dead to me. Don't retire, then question your former quarterback's leadership ability publicly. And try not to interview him after he wins the Superbowl for the Giants. Eli doesn't want to be interviewed by the guy who called his leadership skills "comical".

Anyways, check out Tiki's memoir to see what he had to say about his family:
















Adios,
Breeneback

1 comment: